Saturday, May 31, 2008

Why do they have to grow up?

It's that time again when we clean out Savannah's closet and get rid of all of the things that she can't wear, or just doesn't want anymore. This is the Mt Everest of donations that came out of it this time.(well, except for Holly and I think we'll keep her)
It always makes me sad to go through her clothes. I think about what she looked like or what she was doing when she wore them last and it's a constant reminder that she is growing and changing. Sometimes I want to hold on, but I know that she has lots of great things ahead of her and so I try to enjoy each stage as we go through it. I just pray that she doesn't put us in the poor house as we shop to fill the closet up again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eric doesn't want you to yard sale those??? :)Just kidding.

gimmegodiva said...

Hey!!!! Welcome to blogworld!!! I feel your pain.... can't believe they grow so quickly... I just went through Hannah stuff.... got to go up a size this summer!!! If you do have a yard sale for all those clothes-- call me!!!!!