Sunday, June 15, 2008

I love weddings!


My niece got married last weekend and it was a beautiful wedding. I didn't get a good photo of the bride and groom because they had hired an amazing photographer and I was trying to stay out of his way.
I did get a few good shots of Savannah and Eric and since it's father's day, I thought I would share. This photo captures their relationship. They are very close and are always laughing and carrying on like two little kids (taking them to Wal Mart is impossible). Eric is an amazing father, he has always made daddy and daughter time for Savannah. They have been going to Jacks every Saturday for as long as I can remember and I'm NOT invited. This morning at church it made me realized just how blessed I am when I saw Savannah standing by her dad with her hand on his neck praying for him. It was such a special sight.















Ok, back to the real reason I started this post. I wanted to share the album I made for Emily and Todd. I would love to have photos of my first house like this. How wonderful this will be to look back on in 10 years. I used a canvas board for the front and back cover and Jenni B cards for some of the inside pages.




7 comments:

Shelley Burkett said...

Gorgeous, Vanessa - and I'm talking about the album AND Savannah. She is just beautiful in that green dress.

Congrats on finding the big binder rings - did Katie hook you up? LOL.

Unknown said...

Don't they look so cute....I agree, you have a great hubby...and I love love love the album...wish I could have seen it in person. :)

Simply Scrappin Retreats said...

Wow Savannah has grown up! She's beautiful!! I still see her as the little helper at your store in Gardendale. The album is adorable.
Glad I found your blog!!

Tracy

Lisa said...

gosh she is so beautiful!! and she looks great with a tan ;)

love the album - i wish i had one of our first house or even our first home - they weren't the same thing. i'll do this for our first house in b'ham!!

Just call me "B" said...

Oh my goodness! That Savannah. She is a doll.

You know I love that album, and the finished product looks fantastic! I am sure they loved it!

Vikki said...

OMG! I can't believe Savannah is that big! She is gorgeous, but always was! I am so glad you finally joined the blogging world!

Katie Burnett said...

Savannah is sooo beautiful! I love that color on her!